The job of Purchasing Manager is to plan, organize and supervise the comprehensive purchasing functions in compliance with mandated requirements; responding to a range of inquiries regarding processes or bid status; negotiating terms and conditions with vendors and/or service providers; and achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Engineering, Commerce, Economics or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English and Filipino
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Required skills: Management, Procurement
- Preferably Assistant Manager/Manager specialized in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or equivalent.